5 facts about the Phoenix water filter
Are you perhaps considering purchasing a Phoenix water filter? Keep on reading this “5 facts about the Phoenix water filter” article as we will discuss five characteristics in this article. More over, we will provide some tips & tricks regarding the installation and maintenance of this high-quality water filter.
1. It’s made of polished stainless steel
The lower and upper chambers are made of AISI 304 stainless steel. This alloy has favorable properties due to good corrosion resistance and excellent formability. AISI 304 is known as an 18/8 grade metal. This indicates that the quality consists of 18% chromium and 8% nickel. Hence stainless steel!
At last, AISI 304 is chemical free and easily cleaned. One of the prime reasons to invest into a stainless steel water filter is the fact that it is very durable and an eco-friendly alternative to plastic.
Tip 1 – Cleaning the upper chamber
Clean the upper chamber once per month with dishwashing soap or warm water (do not use chlorides or acids). Rince thoroughly before using again.
2. It is available in a 8 or 12-liter model
Phoenix currently offers two models. Namely;
The capacity is measured taking into account the lower chamber.
3. It comes with a free Stainless steel spigot
When you order a Phoenix with filter you will receive a free stainless steel spigot. It is made of the same metal as discussed previously and it completes the steel look of your water filter system. The advantage of this spigot is the fact that it’s much stronger compared to the regular plastic taps. Therefore, you won’t have to replace it when you accidently bump into it ?
Tip – Does your spigot leak?
Don’t worry as this can happen and it is easily fixed. First you have to determine where it is leaking from. It can be one of two things;
- Water leaks from the mouth of the spigot.
- Tighten the cross head screw that connects the valve to the main body of the spigot.
- Water leaks between the joint of the spigot and the stainless steel chamber.
- Tighten the bolt that is located on the inside (lower chamber).
4. The Phoenix Carbon filters last 20.000 liter!
The carbon filters will last up to 20.000 liter! This is 4,5 years when filtering twelve liters of water per day. Obviously the water quality that you pour into the filters has an impact on the lifespan of the filter elements. The dirtier the water the shorter the lifespan.
Phoenix also recommends, when fluoride is present in your drinking water, to replace the filter elements after one year. This is due to the fact that carbon loses its filtering capacity against Fluoride over time.
The carbon filters filter the following elements;
Filters the following;
- Greater than 99.9999% of E.coli, Salmonella, Cholera, Terrigena and other bacteria.
- Greater than 99.9% of Cysts such as Cryptosporidium and Giardia.
- Greater than 98% of Heavy Metals (Arsenic, Cadmium, Chromium, Lead and Nickel)
- Greater than 98% of VOC’s
- Greater than 98% of Pesticides
- Greater than 98% of Chemical Contaminants (Such as Chlorine)
- Bad Odors and Bad Tastes
Tip – Cleaning and maintaining your filter element
Cleaning your filter element should only be done when you experience a slower rate of filtration or every six months. This is how you clean your element;
- Remove the filter element by untightening the wingnut.
- Use a scrotch pad or an old toothbrush and lightly rub the entire surface of the filter element.
- Activate (prime) the filters before placing them back into the chamber.
- Tighten the wingnut to make sure the element is correctly installed.
5. Spare parts and Manual
When you order a Phoenix water filter through Filtro Agua we make sure that you receive appropriate spare parts and a manual in English, Portuguese and Spanish (download). This way we ensure that you have sufficient guidance on how to install your brand new water filter. The spare parts that you will receive as standard;
- 2 x Blocking plugs (two blocking plugs are already pre-installed)
- 2 x Wingnut
We wish you happy filtering!